- Job Exploration Counseling: utilize client’s strengths and interests to identify compatible career paths, compare interests with current job market needs
- Examples: career interest inventories and research
- Post-Secondary Education Counseling: explore client options for post-secondary education, help client align career and educational goals, assist with enrollment and financial aid application, facilitate access to disability services and accommodations, support currently enrolled students as needed
- Examples: research recommended education for desired career path, connect client with office of disability services, assist with application completion, work with client and their academic advisor to register for courses
- Workplace Readiness Training: provide work-related social, independent living, and functional skills instruction; support clients in gaining resume, job application, interview, and job acceptance-related skills; and help clients learn to navigate the public transportation system
- Examples: mock interview session with feedback, resume workshop, financial literacy instruction, role playing
- Self-Advocacy Instruction: empower clients to advocate for their disability-related needs with respect to their rights, accommodations, and assistive technology. Assist clients with accessing mentoring and leadership activities which promote self-advocacy
- Examples: assist clients with arranging peer mentoring, educate clients regarding self-advocacy, accommodations, and assistive technology
- Work-Based Learning: facilitate career mentorship experiences, informational interviews, job shadowing, service learning opportunities, workplace tours, and work experiences based on client strengths and interests
- Examples: arrange job shadowing opportunities at client’s places of interest, set up informational interviews at priority businesses for client, facilitate service learning opportunities
Not Sure What You Need?
We are knowledgeable and flexible – let us know the population and general topic and we can develop lessons or materials as needed. Our consultants are licensed special educators with experience in both curriculum development and job-related supports, so we can work together to create materials to match each population.